growing VFT

From: kamikaze (011114@hillstrath.on.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 08:10:31 PDT

Date:          Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:10:31 -0400
From: "kamikaze" <011114@hillstrath.on.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       growing VFT

Dear list,

I recently rescued a 2 year old Venus Fly Trap from White Rose where
it had obviously been mistreated. I purchased the non-dromant plant
in January. The plant was producing new growth but the growth would
always have a blackened end (where the trap was going to be). I
immediately repotted the plant (the rhizome was not rotten but
surprisingly healthy). I trimmed the petioles and placed the plant in
a plastic baggie and put it in the fridge. I have now taken the plant
out (2 weeks ago). It is still green and the bulb is still pearly
white with some roots. But there is no new growth to be observed even
though I have placed the plant in high humidity conditions with lots
of natural and artificial light. Any suggestions anyone as to what
could be the matter and how I can save the plant.

Adwait Kulkarni
(011114@hillstrath.on.ca)