Book Prices

From: Michael A Sankovich (aquilla2@juno.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 1997 - 15:42:23 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:42:23 EDT
From: aquilla2@juno.com (Michael A Sankovich)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Book Prices

Dear John,
        The ISBN 0 262 19186 5 Slack's Carnivorous Plants is for the
hardcover which is out of print.
I purchaces my softcover ISBN 0 262 19186 6 from Waldenbooks, and called
them when I read your posting. They told me that it was still listed.
So you might try on of the larger chains and see if they can order it in
softcover. It cost me about $15.00

        The Darwin is steep. I bought an 1896 ed. in VG condition for
$25.00 that a local book antiquarian found for me. It was a steal,
leatherbound with gold guilded edges, and the pages looked as if they had
not been opened for a hundred years. ie. still white no yellowing. This
book was recently found again from another bookseller for $195 2nd ed. to
$400 for a first ed. It has been reprinted many times over the years
with the most recent ed. listed at $45. Technically it is still in
print. but hasn't been reprinted again for some time. Maybe inquiries to
the publisher can convince them to reprint it. Also inquiries to Dover
Books can sometimes convince them to publish out of print titles. They
used to reprint Lloyd's book.

Hope this helps,
Michael A Sankovich