Re: Low humidity Neps...

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 08:18:19 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 11:18:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Low humidity Neps...

Tom wrote:

> In grad school (for my Neps) I...used large glass aquariums I
> ... on end.
> Once they grew out of that I took a king size mattress bag...
> ... and slid it over my entire shelf unit; shelving, lights,
> plants, and all.

Yeah, I've gone the clear plastic bag route, too. It wasn't
satisfying to me, having the plants couped up in bags.

But we do what we must if we don't have a greenhouse. Rather
than bagging my Neps, I subject them to fairly constant but
lower-than-ideal humidity.

I'd _love_ to have a setup where the plants could just grow
willy-nilly as much as they wanted, with no restraints and
plenty of humidity for pitchers.

Some people are lucky enough to have this arrangement
(Hi Andrew, Cliff, etc.) :-)

Regards,

Perry Malouf