Re: water

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 07 1997 - 09:27:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 11:27:45 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: water

Welcome to the list, Benjamin.

Distilled or deionized water is preferred for carnivorous plants since a
buildup of salts from regular tap water can kill these plants. I assume
that the digestion of insect prey not only provides much needed nitrogen
and phosporous, but also those trace metals you mentioned. By the way,
does anyone know what trace metals are essential to carnivorous plants?

Paul Burkhardt