anhydrous Nepenthes

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Fri May 09 1997 - 03:56:52 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 06:56:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: anhydrous Nepenthes

Hello all,

This morning I was watering my plants as usual, and
spotting something rather odd. I wondered to
myself, "what is that strange, dried stick
that I see among all my plants?"

That strange, dried stick _was_ my pretty N. trichocarpa.
Apparently I had unintentionally skipped over the
plant during the past two waterings. When a lot of
pots are crowded together on a bench, it's possible
to lose track of which received water and which did
not. A few days later, though, this becomes painfully
obvious :-)

I'm not sure if there is anything left to resuscitate,
but I'm trying. The pot was soaked in water and put
in a shallow dish of water. The dried plant material
was cut away. Let's see if any new growth comes
up in a couple of weeks.

Too bad, because it was a nice specimen albeit small.
Why doesn't this happen to my ugly, struggling N. mirabilis
plants? :-)

Regards,

Perry Malouf