Re: anhydrous Nepenthes

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Fri May 09 1997 - 15:22:38 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 18:22:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: anhydrous Nepenthes

Perry,

>in a shallow dish of water. The dried plant material
>was cut away. Let's see if any new growth comes
>up in a couple of weeks.
>
>Too bad, because it was a nice specimen albeit small.
>Why doesn't this happen to my ugly, struggling N. mirabilis
>plants? :-)

In the USA I believe it would be due to the influence of a Mr. Murphy......
He wrote several laws on such principles:

1. Your favorite plant always dies first.
2. The ugly plants always grow best & shade the good plants, thus killing
them.
3. Weed seed blows in to the pots that contain rare seed - thus making you
think
       you have rare plants.

Anyone have any others to add to this list?

Hey Perry - I will bring a cutting and give it to you at the ICPS
convention. Drop me a line Wed. the 14th and remind me!

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS
tkhayes@mail.microserve.net