Home Depot cp

From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
Date: Mon May 12 1997 - 07:55:35 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 May 97 08:55:35 cst
From: mark.fisher@tpwd.state.tx.us
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Home Depot cp

     I bought some cp from my neighborhood Home Depot, including D. adelae
     (incorrectly labeled and pictured as D. rotundifolia), an unknown
     Nepenthes hybrid, and P. vulgaris (unsure if it is correctly
     identified or not). They were also selling VFTs. At $3.25 apiece, I
     couldn't resist.

     I was happy with the apparent quality of the plants--the Nepenthes had
     pitchers forming on almost every leaf, the D. adelae had 3-4 plants
     per pot, new leaves, nice red tentacles, and the P. vulgaris had 2
     plants per pot, and the leaves were shiny with mucilage. The sphagnum
     moss was nice and green, too.

     These came from Gublers (www.gublers.com), which is an orchid
     supplier. There were no growing instructions enclosed with the
     plants, and their web page suggests feeding raw hamburger meat to
     VFTs. Sad.