Drosera Intermedia from Root Cutting?

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 20 1997 - 07:26:45 PDT

Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 13:26:45 +-100
From: Nigel Hurneyman <NHurneyman@softwar1.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera Intermedia from Root Cutting?

A few weeks ago I noticed that a specimen Drosera intermedia hadn't resumed growth
this spring. I did a post-mortem and found that the plant had turned black and mushy.
However, when tipping the contents of the pot into my compost bin, I noticed some
white, healthy-looking roots curled around the bottom of the pot. I put the roots in a
shallow saucer of rainwater and covered the top with a plastic lid then forgot about them.
I rediscovered them at the weekend! Growing from the thickest part of one of the roots
was a small green plant, the leaves translucent and without any obvious carnivorous
glands, looking more like a baby fern. I will have to introduce it to strong light very
gradually!.

Good Growing, NigelH