Re: Klima-Gro is HERE!

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 16:51:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 21 May 97 19:51 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Klima-Gro is HERE!

> From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@VOICENET.COM>
>
> One interesting note... the soil temp can be set to 65 degrees
> which may make Darlingtonia plantings possible.

I want one! Hows does it cool the soil?
 :)

> as for the comments on d. adelae not liking direct light, mine
> has always grown in direct sun. It's thriving.

Well, I have tried to adjust D.adelae to full-sun, outside in
the bogs, they have died from being burned by the sun. D.capensis
thrives, as do all the N. American Drosera in this light. Infact,
I have the close relatives of D.adelae, D.prolifera and D.schizandra,
growing down in the basement (they like it cool). They only get
14 hours of light per week and they are very dewy and red. P.
primiluflora is in with them (but it would like a little more light).

Does D.adelae like more light than it's relatives?

Dave Evans