Thrips on my Cephalotus...

From: Gary (garko@sfsu.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 15 1997 - 13:56:42 PDT

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 13:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary <garko@sfsu.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Thrips on my Cephalotus...

Hi Everyone--

Thanks to Tom in Forida (Hi Tom!), I was able to identify the cause of my
Cephalotus' peeling cuticle. I've since increased the humidity, but still
notice thrips crawling over the surfaces of the leaves. Does anyone know
of a non-chemical solution to thrip infestation? I have the plants
growing in a gallon jar and submersion wouldn't be a problem. The soil
chemistry + the plant's roots must be suitable because the jar has filled
with rainwater in the past and rot didn't set in like many other growers
have experienced. My question is: Is this an effective method for
controlling thrips, or will they survive submersion?

Thanks,
Gary

        "Everything which is not me is incomprehensible..."
                                        -- Louis Aragon

        me = real you = whatever