Re: Bifid traps... + VFT question

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 06:32:47 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:32:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Bifid traps... + VFT question

Ron & list,

>I currently have a 'Royal Red' trap doing the bifid thing now but it is not
>in any unusually hot temps or really challenged in any way.

Russell told me that his plants were doing the double trap thing most often
and I have observed the same in my collection, but I have also had double
traps pop up any time of year.

>Unrelated question: I received a VFT last year labelled 'Dentate CSUF'. Now
>that it has put out several adult traps, it looks just like other VFTs I've
>seen labelled as 'Shark's tooth'. Does anyone have both so they can explain
>the difference between the two?

One in the same. As I understand it, the first name is the correct one and
it stands for California State University at Fullerton. This is the clone
produced by Leo Song. The name "shark tooth" is a name that popped up,
which although more descriptive, is not correct. But then if we are being
technnical no names have been published, so I guess anything goes!

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS
tkhayes@mail.microserve.net