Re: Bifid traps... + VFT question

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 18:19:37 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:19:37 -0700
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Bifid traps... + VFT question

-Tom- wrote:

> Ron & list,
>

> >Unrelated question: I received a VFT last year labelled 'Dentate CSUF'. Now
> >that it has put out several adult traps, it looks just like other VFTs I've
> >seen labelled as 'Shark's tooth'. Does anyone have both so they can explain
> >the difference between the two?
>
> One in the same. As I understand it, the first name is the correct one and
> it stands for California State University at Fullerton. This is the clone
> produced by Leo Song. The name "shark tooth" is a name that popped up,
> which although more descriptive, is not correct. But then if we are being
> technnical no names have been published, so I guess anything goes!
>
> Take care & keep on growing,
>
> Thomas K. Hayes

Tom and others,

 I won one of those "Shark Tooth" VFT's at an ACPS meeting a few
months back. I think Dingley Home and Garden sell them as "Shark
Tooth" VFT's. They aren't really all that good to look at......

 I guess Dingleys must be selling either another clone, or they
aren't naming the original one properly!

        -Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !