Re: Problem mould on Nepenthes compost

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 12:37:00 PDT

Date:    Tue, 22 Jul 97 15:37 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Problem mould on Nepenthes compost

> In both cases I am getting an annoying cotton wool type mould covering =
> the surface of the compost. I have sprayed regulary with a fungicide, =
> with no improvement. I end up scraping off the top layer of compost, but =
> the mould always returns.

Hi Bill,
   I let my soil dry some (not completely dry) between waterings.
I used to have the same thick fuzzy wool-like mould and you should see
some mushrooms popping up here and there too. Anyway, now the soil
is mold free from the drying. It may take a while for all the mold to
die and then there will will lots of spores left, but if you continue to
let the soil dry before soaking it, the mold will not become established
again.

Dave Evans