Help! - Hybrid nomenclature?

From: PTemple001@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 13:27:48 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:27:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: PTemple001@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Help! - Hybrid nomenclature?

More questions which I hope someone will answer.

If two species of the same genera are crossed, is the resultant hybrid a
"nothospecies"?

How does one end up with (or create?) a nothosubspecies or nothomorph? i.e.,
what would the parents be?

If two genera are hybridised does this produce a "nothogenus" and if not, is
there such a thing as a "nothogenus"?

Can one select cultivars of nothosubspecies, nothovarieties and nothomorphs?

If these seem naive questions, it's because hybrids are not a major feature
of a Pinguicula collection (such as mine) so I'm not practiced in hybrid
nomenclature at all.

Still looking for anyone who keeps accurate accession data for hybrids,
especially where seed pod numbers are recorded (e.g. orchid hybridisers).

Thanks for any tutorial anyone can offer. My botanical books ar no help at
all as far as I can tell.

Regards

Paul