Re: Drosera Burmannii Questions

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 19:44:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 24 Jul 97 22:44 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Drosera Burmannii Questions

> From: espector@MLSWC.UK.LUCENT.COM
>
> I understand that D. Burmannii is the fastest-moving of the sundews, with
> perceptible speed. (Correct?)

I have seen a clone of D.capensis that you could almost see moving,
within couple a minute or two the traps and the lamia had already
changed shape.

> I'm interested in growing some, but I don't know much about them, other than
> they're Australian, and rosette-forming. (Alta Vista search). Could someone
> give me some advice or pointers for growing these plants?

They are very easy to grow. Just scatter some seed on peat:sand mix
and away they go. Makes for good companion plants in pots with or
around Sarracenia is larger containers, if the Sarr's don't shade
the ground too much.

Dave Evans