Re: Water

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 20:16:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 24 Jul 97 23:16 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Water

> What type of water is best for CP's, I know that tap water is out of the
> question.......but what if that is the only water I have access to!!!
> Buying water at the store is costing $$$$$, Rain water, well I wish it
> would rain here :( ........ Can I use Reverse Osmosis? If so where can
> I get the unit....

Charlie see about having your water tested. It may be ok or good for
CP's. The worst part are salts, which just kill plants by building up
to poisonous levels but this effect seems to be nullified by having a
set up which allows water to flow through soil and wash out excess salts
and other minerals (some are salts too) which act as fertilizer for
fungus and bacteria which rot the soil, killing the roots.

If the tap is a no-go, then RO water would be a good method.

Dave Evans