Baking Soda aha

From: Randall Palmer (sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 11:07:19 PDT

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 14:07:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randall Palmer <sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Baking Soda aha

        I have never been able to start Sundews from The red cups in
stores before. But I have a new playtoy, Baking Soda; I took a wiry leave
Sundew turn it up side down, the roots in 1/3 of the peat came out
togeather. Put the plant in live peat with 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1
tablespoon of soap, 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, in one gallon of water,
and it looks really good. I haven't been able to over do it with the
baking soda water, but my South African sundew leaves have kind-a turn
under but the color of the leave still looks good.

Randy Palmer
sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us