Dormancy in the dark? Clay pots?

From: Tim Malcolm (uj165@freenet.victoria.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 12 1997 - 11:02:13 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tim Malcolm <uj165@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Dormancy in the dark? Clay pots?

I posted a vague question about VFT dormancy a couple of days ago. After
consulting the archives, or at least the first 50 or pages of 1996 I
realize that this question probably caused much gnashing or teeth and
muttered obscenities about inattentive readers. I apologize. I would
like just a bit of clarification though: Am I correct in assuming that
since it can be stored dormant in a cold garage or fridge that it can
also be left in the dark during this period?

Also, I noticed in a book that I was reading that clay pots for CPs were
a bad idea since they tend to accumulate minerals through evaporation.
Does anyone have an opinion regarding this?

tim.