information

From: m harrison (m.harrison@hzg.sc.philips.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 1997 - 16:32:33 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 00:32:33 +0100
From: m.harrison@hzg.sc.philips.com (m harrison)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: information

Steve Lanham wrote :

-- Much to my shock my S. --purpurea venosa is sending up a flower in mid
-- august
-- Is this normal for the plant to set its selfup
-- for next spring or do I have something odd happening?

          Here in the UK I too have had some unusually flowering on my
Sar's this year. Firstly, some the purpurea flowers died just as they began
to appear in the spring and now some of my Flava's are flowering for a
second time after the usual spring flowering. The seed pods from the first
flowering are still on the plant. I've put all this down to the hot and
cold weather patterns we've had here this year. My VFT's are also currently
putting on an unusual growth spurt. Its probably not all that unusual and
nothing to worry about ??

          Cheerio, Mark Harrison.