Nutrition Label for insects

From: Matt (drake@erols.com)
Date: Sun Aug 31 1997 - 16:20:16 PDT

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 23:20:16 +0000
From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nutrition Label for insects

Does anybody know anything about insects? After feeding my VFT a nice
sized spider, i noticed a good growth spurt which I assume was from
the spider. I was wondering if spiders are better than flies or
whatever other insect, since spiders consume insects and thus I would
think have more protein in their bodies from this diet. On the other
hand, flies have good muscles for flying and muscles contain protein.
Does anybody know what the optimum nutrition for CP is? Also: Placing
dead insects on the top of the growing medium will naturally raise the
acidity of the soil, correct? And how can I rougly estimate how
acidic the soil should be and whether or not I should make it more
acidic?