Re: urine

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 11:19:16 PDT

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:19:16 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: urine

Not all urine is created equal. If you're taking megadoses of antacids
or certain diuretics (acetazolamide or thiazides), you're likely to be
experiencing alkalinuria or better known as alkaline urine. Depending
on the dose of antacid or diueretic, the frequency of watering your cp's
with urine, the volume of media, the volume of sphag. moss, your water
intake, of course, etc., it's possible to raise the pH of your media,
possibly even make it, shall I say it without kringing, alkaline. Of
course, S. purpurea would love this or at least tolerate it well.
Now then, You say this here piss is good for Purpureas. I'm going to run out to
the back forty and find my two horses and hook a couple of big buckets under
them. Now then, where did I put that there Ducktape?...