CP and Princess Diana

From: Richard Howard (Richard.Howard@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1993 - 17:00:37 PST

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1993 01:00:37 -0000
From: "Richard Howard" <Richard.Howard@virgin.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP and Princess Diana

I appreciate the message from Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
at the end regarding Princess Diana (being British myself). The nation in
general is mourning her loss, and it will be a long time before we can
finally come to terms with it. I know that she was everyone's princess, but
especially the British one.

Anyway, since this is the CP mailing list, I'd better have something good
to say regarding CP. Being fairly new to CP (less than 3 months), I have a
couple of questions, that maybe people could answer for me...

1. Are the spurs of Nepenthes Bicalcarata sharp?
2. Are Nepenthes hard to grow?
3. The pictures that I've seen of them look quite big.. can they grow in a
houseplant sort of environment, or do they require more warmth/humidity?
4. How old/big should VFT seedling be before they can be repotted?
5. Has anyone got ANY spare Sarracenia (type unimportant) seed that I could
buy cheaply off of them? I've finally got some Drosera seed that will be
coming up in around 4-5 weeks, and VFT seedlings have finally sprouted!!!!
For a first attempt, I was quite proud of that! (Considering 4 of the 6
seeds have come up so far!)
6. Does anyone know of any local CP clubs in the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire
(anglia) region of England?
7. Is there a regular magazine that is highly regarded, for CP enthusiasts?
8. Are there any disadvantages to not mixing in sand with peat? Is this a
drainage issue?
9. Are there any variegations or subspecies of D. Muscipala?

Thanks for your time if you answer any of my questions.

Regards,
Richard Howard
57 Cutlers Green
Luton, Bedfordshire England LU28UN