Re: back after two years

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Mon Sep 08 1997 - 10:19:28 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:19:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: back after two years

Steve Klitzing wrote:

> I have a question. I have a Nepenthes from Sibola? Java
> and I don't know what variety it is. Got it from California
> Carnivores. It's growing in my
> greenhouse. It's not pitchering, but is sending out
> tendrils with leaves. The leaves are a light yellow green
> color with an occasional patch of dark green? Is the
> plant doomed, perhaps a virus, or can I do something to
> bring it back?

I have this same plant, Nepenthes sp. Sibolga. The pitchers
look alot like those of N. alata. The plant does not
pitcher profusely for me. Also, the leaves tend to be a lighter
green than other Nepenthes leaves.

>From your description, I can't tell if your plant is exhibiting
anything different from what my plant shows. If you want to
try to green it up a bit, try peat tea.

Regards,

Perry Malouf