Newcomer Jazmyne

From: Anders Espef\dlt (v3andesp@ulmo.stud.slu.se)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 03:18:57 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 12:18:57 +0200
From: v3andesp@ulmo.stud.slu.se (Anders Espef\dlt)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Newcomer Jazmyne

I would like to comment on the following that dry ice will thaw quickly and
probably give too much CO2 (risk of overdose) for a too short time. I read
that with tomatoes they have used approx 4% CO2 in the air to enhance growth
by 30%. A easier way to obtain this in a less risky way is by mixing water
sugar and yeast in a quite large bottle and use a hose to lead the CO2 from
the fermentation into the terrarium with the plants. This would give CO2 at
a even rate for a couple of days-one week and then you make a new solution
because the ethanol produced will inhibit the growth of the yeast.

  Anders Espefalt

   And this is the message I replied to: