Darlingtonia seed

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Wed Sep 10 1997 - 13:08:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:08:00 -0400
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Darlingtonia seed

I'm looking for Darlingtonia seed.

I live in the Southern US where we have long hot summers and want to try
to develop a clone of Darlingtonia that will tolerate hot weather. To
that end, I have prepared a bog and want to seed it with lot's of
Darlingtonia seed in hopes of getting a strain that will survive our
summers. I, of course, would like to hear from other cper's who have
tried to do the same and will gladly take advice. Please don't ask me
to set up a refrigerated bog; those skills are not in me.

The bog is set up in a shaded area that does not get direct sunlight and
has live sphagnum moss on the surface.

I have seed of many Sarr species that I could offer in trade.

David
Atlanta, GA
USA