All red VFT Pricing

From: Sung (sung20@jps.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 07:56:01 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 07:56:01 -0700
From: "Sung" <sung20@jps.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: All red VFT Pricing

It seems there is some concern over the "All red VFT pricing" , that it is
unaffordable. Let me clarify a few points. I am not in the business of
massively producing this hybrid. If someone makes a purchase and decides to
massively produce it themselves and sell it for $10 to $20 each that's up
to them. There have been Heliamphora and Nepenthes going for well into the
price range I am asking and those plants probably have hundreds if maybe a
thousand in cultivation. This hybrid does not exist anywhere else in the
world outside of our growers facility. I realize some sharp individual may
decide, hey this really is a reasonable price considering I can reproduce
the plants and sell them myself in massive quantities. You could wait
probably 1 to 2 years for some lower price plants or get it now and begin
your own production. To the critics who say the price is too high I say
it's certainly your choice to buy it, but really it's just simple business
economics of supply and demand.

For those who really what something at a much lower price I will attempt to
retain seed and sell it for a reasonable cost. However, I do not know if
the results of fertilization will produce all red VFT but I am willing to
sell to whoever is interested.

Peace to all,
Sung