Re: Best CP area?

From: Matt (drake@erols.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 1997 - 14:35:20 PDT

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 21:35:20 +0000
From: Matt <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Best CP area?

> Also... many people on this list have reported pitcher plants growing
> in the wild along the Florida panhandle and Biloxi area. Would it be
> safe to say that this area is the BEST area for seeing them in the
> wild? OR... are there other areas even better?
>
> I live in north Missouri and would like to see CP's in the wild. I
> may plan a vacation around going to see some. That's why I ask abt
> the BEST area to got to.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO FLORIDA. If you have been watching the
news lately, you may have heard about the DEADLY disease (I do not
recall the name of it) that mosquitos there are carrying, and how
doctors can do very little or nothing to save the life of someone who
gets bitten and contracts the disease. People and businesses in
Florida are closing their pools in the morning and evening because
that is when mosquitos are most active, and the mosquitos also like
the humid areas of pools. THIS ALSO GOES FOR WHERE CP GROW! Bogs,
fens, wetlands, swamps, etc. are all MOSQUITO INFESTED. Walking
around any area such as this is an incredible risk because of the
mosquito situation. Chances are you would get bitten by at least one
mosquito (probably ALOT more) and if you contract the disease it could
very possibly cause death. Don't go anywhere near Florida, especially
until next year if and when the mosquito disease threat is over.