Best CP area?

From: John Morris (jmorris@nemonet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 1997 - 01:44:44 PDT

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:44:44 GMT
From: jmorris@nemonet.com (John Morris)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Best CP area?

I notice that a LOT of people on this list like to grow Nepenthes
(spelling).

Isn't it true these are TROPICAL CP's? If so.. arent they hard to
grow in the USA... even indoors?=20

 And why the attraction to them over other pitcher plants such as
Sarracenia, etc?

Also... many people on this list have reported pitcher plants growing
in the wild along the Florida panhandle and Biloxi area. Would it be
safe to say that this area is the BEST area for seeing them in the
wild? OR... are there other areas even better?

I live in north Missouri and would like to see CP's in the wild. I
may plan a vacation around going to see some. That's why I ask abt
the BEST area to got to.

I am also thinking of visiting the Wilmington NC area to view VFT's.
Are there pitcher plants there also?