Re: THE best cp spot......

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 21 1997 - 04:37:01 PDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 07:37:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: THE  best cp spot......

Hi-de-ho Gang! Brian from Fl. here....Well,I must say in my 32
yrs.{geesh,he's that old??}of walking this earth,I've never seen a better
place to see cp than here in Florida.The Fl. panhandle is about 300 mi. from
me and i often take frequent trips there to see how things are doing...There,
you can see 5 species of Sarrs, 4 sp. of Drosera, 4 sp. of Pings and 7 sp. of
Utrics {terrestrial and aquatic} , all in a 100 mi. stretch.Of course they
are all protected within a state forest and the rangers will stop you if they
think you're "picking" anything. And the fines are very stiff!! I've spent
years documenting and mapping this beautiful cp zone, and have even found
bogs loaded with the beautiful, but threatened P ionantha{that took me a few
yrs. of visiting and many long days in the hot sun...}What a sight when those
babies were in flower!, with P.planifolia!!!Anyways, one can see almost all
of the U.S. Sarr sp. and their hybrids in the wild.Quite captivating! But i
am reluctant in giving this info to just anyone,for fear of some beginning cp
enthusiasts ramsacking the area and destroying this fragile place!! I usually
meet people there in Spring to show them around..and get lots of pictures!!
Every year, i notice more and more potholes where massive stands of S flava
"atropurp" once stood. But the rangers are starting to watch these areas
more. So there you have it....What i think is the ultimate spot...Oh, and
about the deadly mosquitos,it's not a epidemic or nothing. Just good media
bull - s... Deep Woods OFF works fine........Hey, here in Fl. we have very
 well fed cp!!!!!! LOL Enjoy cp! Bri