Re: Heating a greenhouse cheaply

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 02:21:08 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 05:21:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heating a greenhouse cheaply

Hey all!! Bri here....I've been heating my greenhouse for years with kerosene
heat. I have an old,20,000 Btu Kero heater from Sears that does great!!!Well,
even though Florida has super mild Winters,it still can get down to
freezing...this baby on low can keep it a nice 70 deg. in the greenhouse when
it's freezing outside!!{well, that also depends on the wind chill,etc...}The
only downfall is manual operation .If your climate has those cold nights,
mixed with hot days you must be careful not to leave it on during the
day...Man, it can reach 100 deg. in there!!!!Neps tolerate this, but Drosera
hate the "ups and downs" of drastic temp. change...Be careful! For the most
part, Kero heating is the cheapest way to go...I think my kerosene bill was
about 35.00 last year total!!!!Not bad......Enjoy cp!..........Brian in
Florida {watch those deadly mosquitos!! hehehehe :)