Re: Best CP area? - encephalitis

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 09:17:56 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:17:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Best CP area? - encephalitis

The truth is a little more mundane. There have been no
> >reported cases of encephalitis in humans to my knowledge.
>
> Well just to set the record straight - humans can and do get encephalitis.
> My father happened to be one of the very unlucky individuals who got this
> disease last Feb. He almost died and is currently wheelchair bound....
> Can't talk much to speak of either. .....

My bad.

What I meant to have said was that "in the current scare," there have been no
reported cases of encephalitis in humans (only in the sentinel chickens) to my
knowledge. Yes, humans do catch it, and one of my wife's friends died of the
disease many years back.

Someone else reported that there have been some confirmed cases this time.
Apparently, I missed the report.

Tom in Fl