Re: Re: Artifical Light

From: drake (drake@erols.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 1997 - 15:47:11 PDT

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:47:11 +0000
From: drake <drake@erols.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Artifical Light

Paul Burkhard1 wrote:

>I've found that a 30 watt normal fluorescent turns my neps and droseras
>red. Perhaps you've got yours too far away from the plants. Also, there
>is no cool and warm spectrum of light!

No cool and warm spectrum of light? Bluish part of the spectrum are the
"cool" colors, reddish are the "warm" colors. Cool part of spectrum
helps with compact leaf growth. Warm part of spectrum helps with
flowering. Normal HPS lamps put out the warmer part of the spectrum.
Agricultural bulb adds the cool part for full spectrum for plant growth.