new member/leaf cuttings

From: Ross Rowe (Ross.Rowe@dest.gov.au)
Date: Sun Sep 28 1997 - 21:52:50 PDT

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:52:50 +1100
From: Ross.Rowe@dest.gov.au (Ross Rowe)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: new member/leaf cuttings

     Hi all,

     I'm a new member to the list and as requested here is a brief
     introduction.

     I began growing CP's about 15 years ago as a teenager, Drosera,
     Dionea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus and Nepenthes. I live in Canberra,
     Australia. A few years ago I was away from home for several years and
     I lost most of my extensive collection. Since returning to Canberra a
     year ago I have begun to reestablish the collection mostly from seed
     and a sole surviving venus fly trap (a couple of nepenthes also
     survived in a closed terrarium).

     A question:
     I have recently seen a few vague references to propagation of
     Sarracenia by leaf or rhizome cuttings. I would be pleased to receive
     any feedback on such approaches to propagating Sarracenias. I have
     previously successfully used leaf or root cuttings for sundews, vft
     and Cephalotus.

     Ross Rowe