"Deeper Ecology: Essays on Ecological Spirituality,"

From: john e. cavanaugh (jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 17:10:19 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:10:19 -0500 (EST)
From: jcavanau@indyunix.iupui.edu (john e. cavanaugh)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: "Deeper Ecology: Essays on Ecological Spirituality,"

>"Deeper Ecology: Essays on Ecological Spirituality," abstracts from the entire,
50 page text (8 1/2" x 11" format)... I introduce my concept of Deeper
Ecology, which to my thinking is a synthesis of what the Native American
Indians
and Buddhists and Taoists were trying to accomplish. With these three
disciplines I shed a light of science and biology into the grand scheme
of cosmic, inter-related metaphysics which seem to dominate the Homo
sapien struggle to at once master the planet and attain a sense of humility
through the process. Deeper Ecology is a realization that we are composed
of the same elements that exist in nature, and thus we are no more important
than all living and non-living material around us... All I am trying to do
is propose a level of consciousness which surpasses most modern belief
systems, and which I believe can lead to a richer and more fulfilling span
of life on Spaceship Earth, before each and every one of our physical
bodies returns to the soil. To me this is reality in it's truest form.
This is the skeleton of every argument posed by every critical thinker that
has ever been, and that will set foot upon this realm.
   Note: The price for each copy has been drastically reduced to only $5.95
for each copy!!!

 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

    OH NO!

          NOT AGAIN!

                 OH, PLEASE NOT AGAIN!!!

                          SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

                                 IT'S WORSE THAN ST.LOUIS EQUINE ENCEPHALITIS!!

Sorry, couldn't help it. I feel better now.
Those of you who are flame-intolerant, please disregard this inappropriate
and unseemly outburst. Sorry.
Sorry.

Dr. John "Drop and Give Me Twenty Sylogisms" Cavanaugh

John E. Cavanaugh, MD, MS, DABP
Fellow of Forensic Pathology
Indiana University Medical Center
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Division of Forensic Pathology
Room 157 Van Nuys Medical Science Building,
635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis IN 46202-5120
Phone (317) 274-2973 Fax (317) 278-0221
Direct line (317) 278-0462