Re: Pinguicula macroceras subp. nortensis

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 08:28:24 PDT

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:28:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pinguicula macroceras subp. nortensis

Dear Jan and list,

> > Pinguicula macroceras subsp. nortensis ?
> > Has it ever been validly published?
>
> This is what you could have found out at
>
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home:
>
> N: +[Pinguicula macroceras {Link} subsp.nortensis {J.Steiger ex
> J.Steiger & H.Rondeau}]
> P: Carniv.Pl.of the W.2:19 (1995)
> T: Del Norte Co., Ca., USA, 1972, J.Steiger s.n. (BERN)
> L: N Ca., Ore., Wash., USA
> XNP: Carniv.Pl.Newsl.4:13 (1975)
> C: type not cited in protologue but definitely designated by
> author (1995, pers. comm.)
> image: pinguicu/sj/7115: multiple views of plant and flowers
> (Gasquet, CA, USA)

Thank you Jan for providing the details rather than just the URL where the
details can be found. I, unfortunately, am one of those poor unfortunate
people who cannot get the fantastical World Wide Web on my home PC.
Fortunately, I do belong to a University so once in a while, *if* there
are any computers available, I have the opportunity to browse.

Paul Burkhardt