Ceph soil

From: Mike V (mvogl@webaccess.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 12:28:51 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 19:28:51 +0000
From: Mike V <mvogl@webaccess.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ceph soil

I have a lovely plant of Cephalotus that has been doing really well
lately, growing extremely fast and producing many pitchers.

However, I have recently found out that the sand I used in its mix
contains limestone, and when I tested the soil the pH was indeed
alkaline.
So my question is, does this matter? How sensitive is Ceph to pH? The
plant is, as I said, doing very well, but I am concerned that it may
crash eventually.
Since I have been unable to find a suitable horticultural sand, can
anyone recommend a mix for Ceph that does not require it?

Thanks-

-Jonathan