Re: Re: Re: Easy, sure fire way to get Napenthes to pitcher!

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 19:51:00 PDT

Date:    Thu, 16 Oct 97 22:51 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Easy, sure fire way to get Napenthes to pitcher!

Hi Rand,

> It may be relative to the Nepenthes species you are growing.
> I do not know about other Nepenthes, but try N. alata on a stick. Spit at
> it once in a while.
> I can't kill mine with a hammer.
>
> Rand Nicholson
> New Brunswick

  I do have something called N.alata, but it's not that easy to grow.
Infact, It's doesn't pitcher without very high humidity... On the other
hand, the N.* ventrata (which I was told was N.alata before I got it)
is a total weed. (Perhaps your N.alata came from the same place?)
  Anyway, I hope your Nep doesn't get mad at you, what with you
hitting it with a hammer and all. Just might want some revenge (don't
leave heavy or sharp tools within it's reach).

Good luck,
Dave E
New Brunswick, NJ, USA