Welcome

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Sat Oct 18 1997 - 10:44:16 PDT

Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 18:44:16 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Welcome

Welcome to our two new members.

Hey, Matt Ouimette, don't apologize for your long topic. It was cool... Good
luck !

Hi Raj.
There are epiphytic CPs. I think, for the Nepentheses, probably they could be
considerated like this.

I know some Utricularias grow in epiphytic mode in the water of Bromeliads,
sending long stems from plant to plant to expand itself. When the stem finds
the water of a bromeliad, it grows and produce some traps to catch mosquito
larvaes.

Some bromeliads are supposed carnivorous ? It was a possibility ; so,
Brocchinia reducta is surely carnivorous (but is it a bromeliad ? Answers,
please !) but I don't think it's an epiphyt.

Hope this helps and is correct. Comments are wished.

Laurent