Re: Out of season flowering.

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 12:39:55 PDT

Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:39:55 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Out of season flowering.

My recently purchased and installed S. rubra rubra seems to be flowering.
Admittedly it was unpotted, shipped and repotted at a pretty bad time of
year and I take full blame for this. However, what is to be done about
the flower? Should it be, er, nipped in the bud? I have a feeling the
answer is "yes", but I thought I'd consult with the experts before I
started any major surgery.
 Tim,
 You are right!. "Nip it in the bud" as they say. It's to late in the season for
flowers and anyways, the flower won't even form. Sorry
                         Charles Brewer