Pitchers Plants of Borneo

From: Glyn Constant (glyn@brunet.bn)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 23:18:53 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:18:53 +0800
From: Glyn Constant <glyn@brunet.bn>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Pitchers Plants of Borneo

   I fully agree with Ross Rowe's glowing praise for Phillips and Lambs
book `Pitcher Plants of Borneo', for the past year it has been my constant
companion and bible on many field trips. Although the illustrations are
predominantly paintings they are excellent as a single picture covers upper
and lower picthers, leaves and inflorescence.
But times change and I will be adding a New Testament to my Bible after 27th
Nov. That is the date that Charles Clarkes book `Nepenthes of Borneo' will
be launched. Just last week I was fortunate to see a copy, hot from the
presses, and it is a truly excellent book with more than 100 superb photo's.
>From my brief look I am sure it is going to be a `must have', for every
Nepenthes enthusiast.
It can be obtained direct from the publishers:
Natural History Publications (Borneo) ltd
email: chewlun@tm.net.my
at
RM195 (regular edition) inclusive of postage
RM215 (limited edition) inclusive of postage

The limited edition is signed by the author, numbered and comes with a
beautiful slip-in case. Only 750 copies are available.

Alternatively it will be available through the Borneo Books website
http://www.borneobooks.com

Glyn Constant