variegated alata

From: Jean De Witte (j.dewitte@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 13:19:40 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:19:40 +0000
From: j.dewitte@t-online.de (Jean De Witte)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: variegated alata

Topic No. 8
Barry, Saw your attached posting a bit late (I think I must be
getting famous or notorious for things like this). I took a look at
what I have in the lab and discovered two plants which are still
pretty much sterile, so yes I have them. Funny enough one of the
ampullaria I have in vitro is developping the same pattern. Anybody
interested?
Take care and let the Harleys roll,
John
 Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:51:32
-0700 (PDT) From: Barry Meyers-Rice <bamrice@ucdavis.edu> To: cp list
<cp@opus.hpl.hp.com> Subject: Variegated Nepenthes alata Message-ID:
<Pine.GSO.3.95.971024164737.9059C-100000@dilbert.ucdavis.edu>

In an old back-issue of Carnivorous Plant Newsletter, I happened to notice
a photograph of a Nepenthes alata which was variegated. That is, broad
streaks of the leaves were composed of unpigmented tissue. Very
interesting.

I was wondering if you die-hard Nepenthes growers out there know if this
plant is in wide cultivation, is barely in cultivation, or is very rare.
I'd be extremely interested in talking to anyone who has this plant. Don't
worry, I'm not going to hit you up for a plant...I'm gathering
information, not cuttings!

Cheers

Dr. Barry A. Meyers-Rice
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter