RE: Late Sarracenia flowers

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 12:26:00 PST

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 15:26:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Late Sarracenia flowers

>I know that it is well into fall but something is happenning to
>me that has never happened before. My sarracenia are putting up
flowers
>late in the season. A Minor X Psittacina already has a full bloom. A
>Flava Ornata has a bud coming up and a Mitcheliana appears to have a
>flower bud on the verge of popping up.

Hi Eric,

Maybe you and the others with the same problem could talk a little about
your growing conditions (inside, outside, etc) and state where you live.
I wonder if the late flowering of some plants is caused by environmental
conditions (increased temp, light, water, etc) allowing the plants to
continue to grow when they should be entering dormancy, thus allowing
next spring's flower to pop out way too early.

David