Fertilizer In Sarracenia Pitchers

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneyman@onemeaning.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 02:27:03 PST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:27:03 -0000
From: Nigel Hurneyman <nhurneyman@onemeaning.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fertilizer In Sarracenia Pitchers

I'm afraid I don't grow Neps so I can't comment on them, but my Sarrs seemed
to benefit from a couple of drops of full strength Phostrogen in the pitchers.
However, what really made them rocket was home-made greenfly soup. Take
a badly infested bit of rose bush, scrape the greenfly into test tube or film container
or the like. Cover them with rainwater so they drown. Accidentally forget them for
a week so the whole mixture goes extremely foul. Add the brew to the Sarr pitchers,
possibly with the help of an eye-dropper for S psittacina. This brew also seems to
work on Cephalotus.

Good growing, NigelH