Seedling Drosera

From: Christopher Walkden (christow@usa.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 01:33:15 PST

Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 20:33:15 +1100
From: "Christopher Walkden" <christow@usa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Seedling Drosera

  I planted various Drosera seeds last Autumn (obligitory "thanks
Russell"!), and am now faced with lots of little sticky plants. Although I
labelled everything when I planted it, there must be lots of seed floating
around in my glasshouse, because in every pot is a mixture of D.capensis and
D.binata (the only two Drosera that I had before planting these seeds),
which both grow like weeds. In the pot labelled "D.capillaris" are at least
four different types of Drosera and a Utric! Can anyone give me a
description of what the plant is supposed to look like, especially when
small? And does anyone have tips on how to keep other seeds out of the
medium - I suppose I could put them under a sheet of glass or something...

Thanks,

Christopher Walkden
Tasmania, Australia.