Re: Wandering CP seeds

From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 02:57:16 PST

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 05:57:16 -0500 (EST)
From: KILSMOOTH@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Wandering  CP seeds

Hello friends! Brian here....The only way i've found that works well is to
try to keep a "no flowering" policy on my Drosera sp.I try to keep a good
supply of seed from each Drosera sp. in the fridge....When a species does
flower that i'm low on, i remove the Drosera to the Nepenthes area of the
greenhouse,which is furthest from the door...since the smallest gust can
repopulate China with D.binata!!! Then,i watch for ripening seed, and remove
as soon as they are ripe..Sure i've had a few Neps end up with stragglers
growing in it...But then again it's alot easier to remove "weeds" from a Nep
pot, than a pot of Pygmy Drosera!! Hope this helps......Enjoy CP!!! Bri