outside bog/N.CA/help

From: Sylvia De Rooy (red1@humboldt1.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 1997 - 07:21:24 PST

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 1997 07:21:24 -0800 (PST)
From: red1@humboldt1.com (Sylvia De Rooy)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: outside bog/N.CA/help

Hi, newbie here w/ more questions. My outside bog is finally finished (oh,
my aching back). In way northern CA winters are very rainy. Does anyone
have experience with putting sarrs outside in very wet conditions? It is my
understanding that water should be cut back when plants are dormant, so-
will they rot? How, for example, do the sarrs in the bog in Mendocino do
(the one that Craig G. has taken various people to)? Thanks for any help,
folks.
I have noticed that people tend to answer queries like this one privately.
How do people feel about answering to the list so other newbies can
benefit?