Re: Tap water/vinegar on CP's?

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 07:07:54 PST

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:07:54 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Tap water/vinegar on CP's?

Hi Neils,
 I am lucky in that I can use regular city water. As for David Kutt, He uses
only RO water that is purchased. I don't know the ph value, but I assume it's
around 7.0 or slightly lower. I also use rain water as well. We are lucky where
I live as we usually get weekly rain. For the past month, we been getting rained
on every two to three days. Actually we get to much rain here.
Charles Brewer: What kind of water do you and your friend add vinegar to? =
Normal tap water, rainwater or?

Charles Brewer wrote:
Mark Fisher: Do you use your "bubbled" water on Your CP's? And what =
machine do you use for "bubbling" the water?
 I am lucky in that I have excellent city water and lots of rain where I live.
Our temperatures are great for growing CPs outside year around. We are not that
cold or to hot. I am also blessed with lots of summer insects that seem to fill
up most of the traps and pitchers, without assistance from me, so as far as
using bubble water, I have not had the need. David Kutt is a big tropical fish
grower and has several large aquariums. He uses a simple air hose with an air
stone on the end of it. this air stone is feed into the cp water. David has quit
a set up inside his house. He uses special aquarium grow lights to enhance the
reds in his indoor plants. He uses timers on all his tanks and mist each plant
aquarium twice a day from the top down. Hope this answers some of your
questions.
                       Charles Brewer
                        Va. Beach, Va.