Re: How do I grow live Sphagnum?

From: Rupert G. Goldie (epartg@epa.ericsson.se)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 19:21:04 PST

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:21:04 +1100
From: "Rupert G. Goldie" <epartg@epa.ericsson.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: How do I grow live Sphagnum?

Matt Ouimette wrote:

> I have ONE terrarium with plants just now, and one or two of them have a
> little live sphagnum in the pots. How would I grow more?
>
> Can I just put a piece of what I have into its own pot of peat, or do I
> need some other setup? I don't have a lot of room, but even one pot
> growing sphagnum would be a start.

I put sphagnum in the bottom of my terrarium before putting the pots in.
I have to harvest the moss reasonably regularly to stop it taking over.
So just put it in the bottom of the terrarium or in a pot by itself.

--
Rupert G. Goldie, Software Engineer                epartg@epa.ericsson.se
Advanced Service Applications Centre, Ericsson Australia