Re: Mystery Pings and germinating seeds

From: Hans Martin Hanslin (hhanslie@online.no)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 17:56:52 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 00:56:52 +-100
From: Hans Martin Hanslin <hhanslie@online.no>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Mystery Pings and germinating seeds

Loyd,

thank you for your information. The situation you described is the =
situation I kind of expected. However, I just can't resist to order =
unidentified plants. The pussle of finding out what they might be is a =
interesting part of the hobby, but to correctly identify pants one needs =
a key for determination. Are there any "post Casper" keys for the =
identification of Pinguiculas (or any work in progress)?=20
         =20
>Regarding cultivation, many of us now use very open mixtures=20
>or perlite/vermiculite and sand with only small quantities=20
>of peat.

What "particle" size do you use of the different ingredients . Up here I =
have not been able to obtain vermiculite and the perlite available has a =
size of 3-7 mm, which I find a bit large. I grow P. colimensis in this =
pure perlite - they do not grow exceptionally well, but they do at least =
not die.

Hans M Hanslin