Re: clarification

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@mail.microserve.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 1997 - 09:08:39 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:08:39 -0500 (EST)
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@mail.microserve.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: clarification

Perry & now list,

>Just curious, were you Tom? Why? You say that you don't wish your
>statement to appear as an accusation. What is it supposed to be then?

Curiosity - period. All you had to say was that it was collected for
relocation
to the park's mountain garden, not act as a child and quote private
messages to the list. Grow up.

Ok, You wrote:

>A N. rajah that was over 1 m tall
>and a little wider had a root ball only slightly larger than my fist.

So obviously you were directly staring at the plant and my next curiosity was
"why was it dug up in the first place?" And rather than ask anything over
the list,
I asked you privately.

>As a footnote I point out that the cp listserver archives contain postings
>from Tom Hayes, where he admits to digging up native North American cp
>in the wild.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I collect plants from all
over the
south from private land with written landowner permission (which as I am sure
you must know, is perfectly legal) and I only take two plants from any
location.
I use these plants for my breeding stock. I also collect seed.

We have already done the "To collect or not to collect, that is the question"

> Not that anyone really cares, eh Tom?

Perry, yet again I say GROW UP and keep private, private.

Take care & keep on growing,

Thomas K. Hayes

DANGEROUS PLANTS
dangerous_plants@hotmail.com